2. She was 15.
3. In Cyprus, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Portugal, Italy, France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece that would put her over the age of consent.
4. Lorrie Maddox says point blank that she was not taken advantage of or raped. She has said that for well over 30 years. She's now in her 50s and still saying it.
5. Lorrie Maddox is the only person who can reasonably say if she was raped or not.
6. No, unless your name is Lorrie Maddox you are not in any position at all to decide whether or not Lorrie Maddox was raped.
7. This is particularly true if you are male and trying to White Knight this issue.
8. This is not something "just came out" or that he was hiding as a "skeleton in his closet." He dated her for 10 years, wrote a Top 40 song about her and was photographed on dates with her by Rolling Stone, People, and The New York Times. That's not really the actions of someone trying to hide anything.
9. If we want to create a society where women are given the benefit of the doubt and believe them when they say they are raped, the flip side of that is giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing them when they say they were not raped.
10. It must be really, really shitty to be a woman mourning the death of the love of your life and then going online and seeing perfect fucking strangers tell you that he wasn't your lover, he was your rapist.