Anyway, let's take a look at who did get in.
1. Cheap Trick. This was a lock from the start. One of the most influential bands in history. You wouldn't have Nirvanna, STP, Green Day or Pearl Jam if it wasn't for Cheap Trick. Sadly, this will confuse UK people who have never heard of the band.
2. Deep Purple. The bone they are throwing UK people. While one hit wonders in America they have always been super popular in Europe and they are influential, so they are Euro Cheap Trick.
3. Chicago. I really have no explanation for this one. I'm not sure who you even induct since they've had dozens of members and are just a bunch of random studio muscians. I guess this is the "harmless white band" winner this year.
4. NWA. The other lock from the start. Influential as all hell and with the movie out they were on people's minds.
5. Steve Miller. The hall thought to themselves "shit, we totally spaced and meant to put this guy in 10 years ago so we might as well this year."