1. We Are What We Are. A really interesting piece about family loyalty gone horribly wrong.
2. A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night. Pretty much what would happen if John Hughes was from Iran and made a vampire film.
3. It Follows. It really does follow.
4. Insidious Chapter Three. A prequel to the first two movies that works really well as a standalone.
5. American Mary. High concept feminist horror about rape culture and male gaze.
6. John Carpenter's The Thing. This film actually seems better now than when it came out.
7. My Soul To Take. Wes Craven doing what Wes Craven does. Teenagers die. Nuff said.
8. Drag Me To Hell. Ever get pissed off at your bank? This is the film for you.
9. The Fog. Very underrated John Carpenter film.