2. Instead of getting dropped off in an airport 30 minutes out of town and having to spend a fortune for a taxi, you are dropped off in the center of town.
3. The bar car always leads to interesting conversations.
4. Many more bathrooms - and they are larger bathrooms. (And much easier to have sex in.)
5. Given how early you have to get to an airport and all the other associated time sucks, high speed rail often gets you where you are going as quickly as a plane.
6. You are not in a small tube a mile over the earth so your odds of getting stuck with Ben Linus on the island are low.
7. No checked luggage fees. In fact, you don't have to check your luggage at all.
8. You can bring all you shit on the train with you - including, you know, decent food.
9. No TSA screening.
10. It generate less carbon.
11. Building it would create a ton of jobs.
12. In every country that has ever built them people overwhelmingly prefer them to flying.