2. My new doctor said I seem "really healthy" and gave me a new xanax prescription. Win.
3. That said he has the records from my old doctor and realized I haven't had blood work in six years, so he's making me go to the lab later this week and get blood taken. I fucking hate needles, but he said at age 42 given that I'm fat and drink that I really need to get my cholesterol and blood sugar and similar things checked every once in a while. "I'd rather send you for a blood test now than to a cardiologist next year." Lose.
4. He did say that if needles really scare me that much I have his permission to take an extra xanax before they draw blood. Win.
5. I can't eat or drink anything for 12 hours before they take blood and I'm supposed to have it done as early in the morning as possible. So, now I have to figure out what day I want to get up super early and what night I want to stay home and drink water from 8 p.m. onward. Lose.
6. Of course, I want to put off getting the blood work done, but until I have it done I'll be paranoid and convinced I have cancer. So, I'll probably head over Thursday morning to do it (I have my shrink in the early morning tomorrow.) Tie.