Today is Safer Internet Day, so I thought I'd provide you with some handy tips!
1. Right before you finish any online project pull the power cable out of the wall.
2. To avoid computer infections, always pee right after you finish online.
3. Try to find out as much about a computer as you can before you use it. Remember, you don't know who has used it before.
4. If you don't know a computer's history that well, wrap latex around the cache, the hard drive and the keyboard. (Though in typical use pulling out the cord before you finish can be just as effective.)
5. Remember that the safest way to use the Internet is to not go online at all.
6. Don't be afraid to say "no" if you are uncomfortable with something an application is asking you to do. Just because you installed it once doesn't mean you owe it an update.
7. Don't ever accept an application from a stranger. People have been known to spike apps to take advantage of your computer.