So, today is Day Five of Trying To Treat My Body Better Until I Feel Better.
I'm still not feeling 100 percent better, but I have, since Sunday morning, drunk no booze, kept my cig consumption at half the regular amount, eaten five apples and four bananas and generally been a good boy. Some observations:
1. Boy, when you eat more fruit you shit a lot more.
2. When you don't drink you fall asleep later and wake up later.
3. Dreams are more vivid.
4. Grapefruit juice tastes good!
5. I feel like I smell better in the morning. Except for the second day after not drinking when I smelled really bad. Rome Girl thinks that was my body expelling poisons.
6. Good television shows are a great way to avoid the pub.
7. Not drinking saves a shitload of money.
8. It's harder for me to get started writing when I'm not a little bit hungover.
9. I seriously must have been sick last week if after almost five days of not drinking I'm still not feeling my best.
10. I pee less now.
When I went to get cigarettes this afternoon there was a dude asking everyone as they walked into the shop if he could bum a cigarette.
He didn't ask anyone this question when they were leaving the tabac.
I think there was a subtle flaw in his plan.