Rome Girl said that yesterday was "the best day ever!"
She woke up to find that she'd signed two freelance jobs and started working on them and said they were very fun and made her feel like she was "doing something" rather than just reacting to her current job troubles.
Then she got contacted by one of her bosses which made her a little nervous because she's been convinced that they are going to get rid of her when he contract ends in a few months. Instead, however, they are transfering her out of the data entry part of her job - which she hates - and making her in charge of training for all the frainchise people - which is a long term job and one that she thinks will be "fun."
After that I went over to Fitzpatrick's and there was a surprise package for her. Turns out her parents had sent her all three seasons of Arrested Development. She's wanted that for a long time but had not gotten it because she' knows I'm not into sitcoms.
We watched a bunch of episodes, ordered pizza and then went to bed for some viagra induced sex.
"I loved this day," she said, before drifting off into sleep.
We watched the first few episodes of Arrested Development last night. I'm not sure how I feel about it:
1. At times it's very, very funny.
2. But Jason Bateman reminds me of a tall Michael J. Fox and I miss Michael J. Fox
3. There is not one character here that I can sympathize with or identify with. Bateman is a brown nosing synchophant who is just pissed off that kissing his dad's ass didn't get him the company. His family members are just idiots without any depth.
4. Portia de Rossi is the hottest lesbian in the world.
5. I feel like it's not as edgy as it thinks it is.