When I was married, my wife used to call me her "Rock and Roll Baby."
There were several reasons for this. One of which was that Gannett and USA Today used to send me out to talk to rock stars and review rock concerts in (mostly) New Jersey and (once in a while) New York.
The other reason (as Rome Girl will testify to) is that I constantly have rock lyrics running round my head and will more often then is socially acceptable bring them up with people I think are smart and try to discuss exactly what Pete or Mick or James meant when he said that or why Keith or Kirk or Jimmy played that bridge exactly the way they did. I know it's annoying, but in my defense other boys talk sports stats exactly the way I talk rock stats, so it's just another way of one male admiring other males do shit that the first male would like to do himself. Plus.. the booze I drank when I hung out with Mr. Richards was great and the drugs when I talked to Mr. Manson were to die for...
Anyway, I'm curious if other people have the same lyrical obsessions that I do. So, I'm going to post my 10 favorite lines from rock songs I like and I'm wonder if the rest of you know where these lines come from. (no google please. I didn't use it!)
Also, I'd like to hear your fave lines.
1. "I'm just a dirty, dirty rock star."
2. "Let it be written. Let it be done. I'm sent here by the chosen one."
3. "This is for the questions that don't have any answers."
4. "I never got a lift from religion. I can get high right at home."
5. "Mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed? He just shook my hand, 'no', was all he said.
6. "Loving you, is not the right thing to do."
7. "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers."
8. "I don't know what I want, but I know how to get it."
9. "I went down to the demonstration, to get my fair share of abuse."
10. "We all need someone we can cream on, and if you want to, you can cream on me."
Bonus points for this more obsurce lyric: "Tender is the fur, dying as they purr."