“If there was no question about the gold being there, you think they would be anxious to prove gold is there,” he said.
How are thee crazy? Let me count the ways:
1. Who would have stolen it? Is there some former president out there that has it buried in his back yard?
2. Do you have any idea how large a conspiracy you'd have to have to move tons and tons of gold out of there? You really think that not one person would have spilled the beans?
3. We are not on the gold standard.
4. We will not be on the gold standard at any point in the near future.
5. The value of money is a shared illusion anyway.
6. The value of gold is a shared illusion as well.
7. We can't let our enemies know that the Arc of the Covenant is in there.
8. If there is no gold there they are going to have to totally rewrite the script for Ocean's 15 and that's not fair.
9. Before anyone could possibly steal the gold from Fort Knox John McClain would stop them. Yippie-Kay-Yay Motherfuckers!
10. Spending taxpayer money to have a bunch of people inventory and count large chunks of metal that do nothing but sit in a locked vault and will do nothing but sit in a locked vault forever is a total waste of government resources.